Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lee Su-hwan


Lee Su-hwan has a record of 8 wins, 7 losses in his K-1 career. Record doesn't look that great, but of his 8 wins, 6 have been by KO. He also was a finalist in the aforementioned K-1 Max Seoul tournament, reaching the finals by beating his first two opponents by extremely impressive KOs. Because of his impressive tournament performance, he has been added in a reserve match for the Final 16 tournament against Yuya Yamamoto.




My analysis: I really think this guy has promise. I was more impressed with him than any other fighter I saw at the K-1 Max Seoul tournament. He won his first two matches in extremely impressive fashion. He finished mongolian fighter Munguntsooj Nandin-Erdine (jesus what a name) by brutal headkick KO. Seriously the guy did not get up for a scary long time, and finally got dragged out on a stretcher. He then finished his next opponent, Noh Jae-gil by KO via BODY KICK. He KOd a guy with a BODY KICK. This guy has amazingly powerful kicks, and is just amazingly strong. He also had Lim Chi-bin on the ropes in the final, scoring two knockdowns in the first round until finally being KOd himself via punches. I really like this guy, he made a fan out of me at that event and I'll be rooting for him from now on.

No comments: