Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Jung Chan-sung (정찬성)


Jung Chan-sung aka "The Korean Zombie" is a featherweight fighter (145 lbs) currently fighting in the Sengoku featherweight Grand Prix. Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about the guy (I had never heard of him prior to the GP). I can't seem to get a record on the guy that doesn't conflict so he is either 5-0 or 8-0, I guess depending on if you count certain bouts or not. He had a few fights in Pancrase before moving to Deep, and finally making his Sengoku debut at Sengoku 7. He beat Ishiwatari Shintaro in the first round via rear naked choke, advancing him into the tournament.


My analysis: Thus far, he looks like a pretty good featherweight prospect. This kid is young too, he's a year younger than I am and has had some pretty decent experience for his age. I expect him to make a pretty big splash in this GP. I haven't seen enough of him to make a huge call, but I like him so far.

No comments: